Definition of Love Phobia
Hello guys, welcome back to our website again. Today I want to share you about one of the strangest phobias for me. It’s called Love Phobia. So, today I will tell you about the definition of love phobia because I’m pretty sure this kind of phobia is rarely known by common people.
Love Phobia or called Philophobia is one of the strangest phobias for me. One of the human biggest desire is being loved and to fall in love, but not for people with philophobia. They are afraid of being loved and falling in love. Unfortunately, the patient for Philophobia or love phobia can’t feel the feeling of falling in love.
What is Love Phobia?
First, before we start to discuss love phobia, I want to ask all of my audience. Do you know what’s love? Do you really understand what’s the meaning of love itself? Are you sure you know about love? Why are you so interested to read this article?
The meaning of love itself is an emotion of a strong feeling of affection and sexual attraction to someone of the opposite or same gender. So, the question is why is she/he afraid of love? Do they have experience something really bad and feels afraid of that experience?
Love Phobia or Philophobia itself is a mental disease. People with Philophobia have experienced the worst part of falling in love or maybe they just hear from someone that deeply broken because of love. Philophobia itself caused by deep disappointment to love, fear of commitment, deeply broken heart, grief feeling when being rejected. This all feeling are recorded in our unconscious mind and will shape a new phobia in yourself.
How to Cure Love Phobia?
After sharing about the definition of love phobia. I will share you about how to indicating someone with this mental disease because I’m sure this mental disease not well-known for common people. Here are some of the indication your friend, brother, or even sister having a love phobia or also called Philophobia:
- Afraid to think and imagining anything about love. People with this phobia will try to avoid everything about love because of their phobia.
- Avoiding anything about love. People with this phobia will try not in contact with love and if they are trapped in the condition where someone falls in love with them, they will try to keep the distance between him/her with them.
- There is an extremely rare condition where someone feels like dying when they are falling in love.
- Somehow, if people with philophobia binding a relation with someone else they will become extremely possessive.
You must be asking how to cure love phobia right? Well, I will share you some tips to cure this mental illness.
- Start reading a book. I will recommend you a book to overcome this mental illness, try to read The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund Bourne.
- Try to share with others or also known as Talk Therapy. Sharing your problem will make the burden become lighter and also make it a lot easier.
- Try to ask psychotherapist about your phobia
- Take a medicine if needed but I advise you this is the last way If all three ways above are not working.
Thanks for reading my article about the definition of love phobia. I hope my article can help you to fight this mental illness and I will pray for your recovery. If you find this article helpful, don’t forget to share. See you in my next article.